Prof. Dr. Kyriakos Kouveliotis has a PhD in European Integration and International Relations awarded by Newcastle University whereas, he also holds an MA in Diplomacy awarded by Lancaster University UK, a certificate in Linguistics awarded by Bangor University UK and a BA in English Literature and Linguistics awarded by Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Greece. He has also completed two cycles of Post -Doctorate research one on Decision and Policy -Making and one on Conflict Resolution and Crisis Management.
Professor Kouveliotis has worked in various research groups, he is an accomplished researcher in a variety of disciplines, and in the last 20 years he has taught in many Universities and educational organizations globally among which Newcastle University, University of Sunderland, Deree College, University of Indianapolis, Hellenic Air Force War College and Hellenic Naval War College to name a few.
He is an expert in developing new curricula, programs syllabi and also in building new global educational networks and partnerships as he has already done with institutions from the US, UK, France, Italy, Switzerland and Ireland but also Singapore, India, and Somalia.
Professor Kouveliotis has published 12 books and dozens of original scientific articles. His track record of academic publishing is composed of a variety of papers concerning political, economic and educational issues.
He has also served as a Scientific Advisor to the Minister of Defence, to the Deputy Minister of Development and Competitiveness and to the General Secretariat of Communication and Mass Media of the Greek Government. He has recently been appointed by the Minister of Education as a Member in the Governing Committee of the Hellenic Open University. He also holds various professorships in institutions around the world as he is the Honorary Rector of the James Lind Institute and of the Rushford Business School in Geneva Switzerland, the Honorary Chancellor of Longford International College in Ireland, a Professor at Uninettuno University in Rome Italy and the President of Atheneum Liberal Studies.
International relations, European integration, foreign and security policy, leadership, crisis management, health management, public health, e-learning methodology.
• ‘Olympic Truce’, Kindle Book - Amazon 2011.
• ‘European Defence’, LULU ebook 2011.
• ‘Small and Light Weapons’, LULU ebook 2011.
• ‘Exploring Global perspectives on the United States’, contribution to the Encyclopedia published Berkshire Publishing Group, 2005.
• ‘The Foreign Policy of Russia in the New International System’, Paraskinio, Athens, October 2002.
• ‘The Europeanisation on Greece’s Foreign and Security Policy’, Paraskinio, Athens, October 2002.
• ‘Philosophy of War and Leadership’, Epikoinonies A.E., Athens, January 2002.
• ‘Chemical and Biological War’, Troxalia, Athens, October 2001.
• ‘Management and Political Science: the Case of Diplomatic Negotiation’, Papazisis, Athens, Sept. 2001.
• ‘The Impact of Europeanisation on the Greek Foreign Policy’, Institute of International Economic Relations, Athens, June 2001.
• ‘Reader’s Guide to Social Sciences’ (contribution), Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers, London, 2000.
• ‘The Common Foreign and Security Policy and Weak States: The Case of Greece’, PhD Thesis, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1999.
Papers / Articles:
• Paper Publication: “The Influence of Community-Level Built Environment Factors on Active Social Network Size in Older Adults: Social Activity as a Moderator”, International Quarterly of Community Health Education 2020. Vol. 41 (I), SAGE.
• Paper Publication: “The association between physical activity and self-reported health in older adults: lessons implied by lifestyle factors”, Adv. geront. 2020. Vol. 33. No 2.
• Paper Publication: "Influence of nurse and midwife managerial leadership styles on job satisfaction, intention to stay, and services provision in selected hospitals of Rwanda”, BMC Nursing (2020) Open Access.
• Paper Publication “Assessing the maturity of community-level built environments for older adults’ active behaviors: highlights from a psychometric test”, Adv. geront. 2020. Vol. 33. No 1.
• Paper Publication “Psychometric Properties of a New Scale Measuring Neglect and Abuse of Older Adults in the Community: Implications for Social Activity”, International Quarterly of Community Health Education 0(0) 1–10.
• Paper Publication “Injuries, dislocations, and poor health perceived by older adults to result from vigorous physical activity: implications for active living, health promotion, and gerontology” Adv. geront. 2019. Vol. 32. No 4.
• Paper Publication “The association between social capital factors and sedentary behaviour among older adults: does the built environment matter?” Adv. geront. 2019. Vol. 32. No 1–2.
• Article Publication “Blended Learning and Maritime Education”, Arab Mariner, Arab Academy of Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, Issue No.3, Summer 2017.
• Paper Publication “Blended Degree Development and Operation: The Model of Uninettuno University”, EADTU 2016 Conference Proceedings.
• EADTU 2016 Conference Rome, Enhancing European Higher Education:
• “Blended Degree Development and Operation: The Model of Uninettuno University”, October 2016.
• POSTER: Long –term travellers in Greece: Expectations, perceptions and satisfaction towards public healthcare services, 6th Northern European
• Conference on Travel Medicine, London UK 1-4 June 2016.
• Kouveliotis, Kyriakos, The Impact of Establishing an Innovative “European
• Degree” Model on Teaching and Learning European Studies and International Relations, THE EUROPEAN UNION IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS V 11-13 May 2016 Brussels, Belgium.
• "Video Journal of Open Education Volume 1" OCWC GLOBAL CONFERENCE, Open Education for a Multicultural World, LJUBLIANA, SLOVENIA, April 23, 2014.
• Opening on-line education: The institutional model of a Global Degree, Track: Open Policy, OER: Alternative forms of Assessment and Accreditation, OCWC GLOBAL CONFERENCE, Open Education for a Multicultural World, LJUBLIANA, SLOVENIA, April 23, 2014.
• Paper Publication OCWC GLOBAL CONFERENCE Conference Proceedings, LJUBLIANA, SLOVENIA, April 23, 2014.
• EADTU 2013 Conference Paris, Opening on-line education: The institutional model of a Global Degree, October 2013.
• Paper Publication "Opening on-line education: The institutional model of a Global Degree" EADTU 2013 Conference Proceedings.
• The “Global Degree”. A Concise and Innovative Proposal that will Revolutionize Higher Education, TED Conversations 2012.
• International Journal of Applied Sciences in Tourism (Volume 01 Issue 01): A Survey into the Relevant Theoretical Approaches Applied in the Study of European Tourism Policy-Making Process.
• ‘The Impact of European Integration on the Diplomatic and Strategic Domains of Greece’, London School of Economics, The 2nd Hellenic Observatory PhD Symposium on Modern Greece: "Current Social Science Research on Greece" LSE, June 10, 2005.
• ‘The Impact of EU's Cultural Activities on Establishing a European Identity’ European Political-economy Infrastructure Consortium (EPIC) - London School of Economics (The Ionian Conference 2000).
• ‘Foreign Ministries in the European Union’, Book Review, Journal of Common Market Studies, Volume 42, Number 1, March 2004.
• ‘The Development of European Defence’, Foreign Issues, July, 2003.
• ‘Chemical and Biological Warfare’, Foreign Issues, February 2002.
• ‘Strategic Management and Leadership for Defense Decision-Makers’, Occasional Paper, Aberdeen – UK, Scottish Centre for International Security, University of Aberdeen, 2002.
• ‘Management and Leadership in the Armed Forces’, Occasional Paper, Aberdeen – UK, Scottish Centre for International Security, University of Aberdeen, 2002.
• ‘Natural Resources policy Making’, Naval Review, Autumn 2001.
• ‘The Stockholm Legacy’, Journal of the Naval War Academy, Issue 4, March 2001.
• ‘The Geopolitical Significance of the Mediterranean Region’, Journal of the Naval War Academy, Issue 6, May 2001.
• ‘Crisis Management and Diplomatic Negotiations’, Athina – Review Journal of the School for National Defence, Issue 14, 2001.
• ‘The Nature of Foreign Policy – Special Issues and Attitude Frameworks’,Athina – Review Journal of the School for National Defence, Issue 15, 2001.
• ‘Globalisation and Foreign Policy’, in Geopolitiki, issue 14 January 2001.
• ‘European Defence – Myth or Reality?’ in Geopolitiki, issue 11 October 2000.
• ‘Globalisation and Foreign Policy’, Agora xoris Sinora / Market without Frontiers, Institute of International Economic Relations, 1999.
• ‘The Europeanisation Process in External Relations and Security’, Europeanisation Project, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1999.
• ‘Greece in the Balkans: Diplomacy and Strategy’, in Oikonomiki kai Thrakiki Epitheorisi, Spring 1998.
• ‘EU Policies and Perspectives’, MA Dissertation Project, University of Lancaster, Department of Politics and International Relations, September 1995.
• ‘Semiotics in Modern Societies’, Published in EUROCOSMOS magazine, Issue 5, April 1994.
• Thoughts for Europe’, Published in EUROCOSMOS magazine, issue 3, May 1993.
Innovation in education, e-learning, virtual learning, European politics and policies