MSc Data Analytics
The MSc Data Analytics has been selected by BSBI among many prestigious international programmes offered by University for the Creative Arts.
Faculty of Computer Science & Informatics
The 18-month MSc in Data Analytics is a postgraduate programme in the field of data analytics at the Berlin Campus of BSBI. The course will provide students with key knowledge to work in data analytics but also provide them with the skills and confidence required to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.
Berlin School of Business and Innovation is in partnership with University for the Creative Arts (UCA). As a result of this partnership, BSBI is able to offer the MSc in Data Analytics. UCA is an acclaimed creative institution in the UK that ranks highly in all three of the major UK league tables. The university has also been ranked 13th out of all UK universities in the Guardian League Table 2020; and ranked no.7 in the 2021 Guardian League Tables for Business, Management & Marketing.
SECURE YOUR PLACE ON THIS PROGRAMME BY APPLYING TODAY FOR 2023 INTAKES – FIND OUT HOW TO APPLY HERE.
What will you experience?
The MSc Data Analytics course is delivered 100% on-campus with full access to state-of-the art facilities. Students will also have additional access to course and reading materials via the University for the Creative Arts platform.
The latest technology is used to enhance learning and collaborative working, research-active staff work with you on the latest research developments, while industry guest speakers and live briefs provide development opportunities embedded throughout the course enrich your creative and business practice and significantly contributes to your experience at university and preparation of professional practice.
Who should take this programme?
The well-structured MSc Data Analytics course is perfect for those with a desire to pursue a career in the field of computer science or data analytics who are looking to understand the fundamentals of data analytics. The course utilises collaborative and informative learning techniques to prepare students for their professional careers.
Why study this programme?
The MSc Data Analytics programme revolves around analysing data and extracting useful knowledge from it. Building predictive models is usually the most important activity for a data analyst.
The demand for data analytics experts has increased significantly over the last few years as companies become more dependent on data science for business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, modelling, evaluation, and deployment. This means there is ample opportunity for students to find a rewarding position within the field of data analytics.
You will earn a master’s degree with 180 UK credits (equivalent to 90 ECTS). This helps student mobility in the EU when it comes to transferring credits from one higher education institution to another.
Berlin: February, May, October
2023 October: International students Price: €12,600 | EU students Price: €8,000
2024 February, May: International students Price: €12,600 | EU students Price: €8,000
2024 October: International students Price: €13,250 | EU students Price: €8,450
Special offers effective until 31 December 2023: Up to 33% discount for International Students | 10% discount for EU Students
Terms and conditions apply. Find out more here.
The School’s admissions process is subject to the Consumer Contracts (Terms and Conditions). Information on your Right of Withdrawal and our Refund Policy can be found in the BSBI study agreement.
This 18-month master’s has been designed with contemporary and practical elements. The latest technology is used to enhance learning and collaborative working. Student will work alongside research-active staff on latest research developments, while industry guest speakers and live briefs provide networking and development opportunities. This is embedded throughout the course to enrich the creative and digitisation practice and significantly contribute to the experience at university and preparation for professional practice.
Teaching takes place Monday to Saturdays, during morning, afternoon, or evening sessions.
The modules of this programme are offered and delivered 100% on campus. Students will also have additional access to course and reading materials via the University for the Creative Arts platform.
During its first three terms the programme will cover fundamental topics such database management, statistical analysis, predictive analytics and visualization. Students will also be able to study the German language alongside your master’s degree subjects. On your final term, you will research and prepare a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
- Fundamentals of Data Analytics
- Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning using Python
- Enterprise Data Warehouse and Database Management Systems
- Big Data Analytics
- Visualization and Story Telling using Tableau
- Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence
This Data Analytics programme aims to:
• Provide conceptual frameworks for data analytics which draw insights from academic research into the challenges of contemporary technical, management and business practice in areas like business analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, computer vision and visualisation.
• Enable students to synthesize and examine critically the opportunities and threats posed by both globalization as well as business innovation in the business analytics industry and how historic and contemporary frameworks provide insight into the future of the business analytics industry.
• Highlight the complexity of the emergent organisational context of data analytics industries for both international and national settings as well as large and small organisations.
• To offer students an integrated approach to the study of data analytics in the international industries that emphasises the interdependence between some of the core disciplines and practices of technology and management.
• Enable students to excel in a professional and managerial environment having built on existing knowledge of fundamental concepts and skills whilst developing new ones.
• Prepare students for high-level autonomous graduate employment, research, further study and lifelong learning by developing their intellectual, practical and transferable skills.
Research has shown that there is a huge demand for those with advanced skills in data analytics within the global job market. These jobs are becoming increasingly important amidst the further digitisation of a post-pandemic world.
According to New Electronics, by 2025, around 75,000 million machines will be integrated into the Internet of Things (IoT) and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The leading market research institutes forecast annual growth of 31%. Due to this development, gigantic amounts of data are being generated around the globe, which must be evaluated and distributed reliably, quickly and securely. This creates great opportunities for those with the right knowledge and skillset. (newelectroncs.co.uk 2021).
BSBI’s dedicated Careers Service helps data analytics students and alumni reach their career goals and realise their potential. The Service offers specialised support and aims to build long-lasting relationships with local and national employers. To find out more about the support available, visit the Careers Service website.
The Virtual Student Lounge
You’ll also be able to discover more about living and studying in Europe’s start-up capital, Berlin and find out more about the services on offer at BSBI.