The Digital Marketing and Social Media programme aims to keep you ahead of the competition by teaching you digital marketing and social media skills which are indispensable in the digital age.
“4.2 billion social media users around the world” — Statista, 2021
“2.7 billion users on Facebook, the most popular social network site” — Statista, 2021
“54% of social browsers use social media to research products” — GlobalWebIndex, 2018
Why study this course?
The programme is designed to train you on digital marketing concepts and theoretical frameworks used to inform future social campaign development. You will establish and analyse the significance, development and contemporary uses of digital marketing tools and social media.
The social media marketing evolution has dramatically changed the way brands communicate with their customers. For this reason, your development of work through pitch and reports will provide key insights into how social platforms, tools, forms of communications and social understanding recognise and react to the changing nature of the digital environment.
The digital marketing industry requires professionals with specialised skills and an understanding of the ever-changing digital landscape. If you want to succeed in digital marketing, you must possess the skills, knowledge and acumen in regards to key digital technological developments and the impact they can have on your organisation.
Who should take this course?
It is likely you are already working within a marketing environment and would like to develop your digital skills or you may want to utilise the acumen to support the social media and digital marketing in your own organisation.
If you are interested to attend the certificate programme, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the programme, students will have the opportunity to study a range of areas within digital marketing, gaining confidence in this specific subject, learning from practical teaching from our academic faculty.
Contemporary Approaches to Social Media:
This module focuses on identification of digital behaviours that support the new approaches to e-commerce in digital marketing. You will gain a thorough understanding of the various digital marketing models and explore the impact and importance of social and digital media.
Online Campaign Strategy Implementation: In this module we will be looking at how to plan, implement and develop your new digital marketing strategy- seeing social media as an extension of PR. You will also look at the realms of search engine marketing, content marketing and affiliate marketing.
Digital Transformation: This module will explore how to operate and deliver value to customers and ensure your business is successful. You will gain an understanding of digital marketing tools and tactics and how to replace non-digital marketing tools with online.
Content Generation: In this module, you will be looking at what works in content marketing to support consumer behaviour. You will also learn about mobile and video and how the power of influencers has shaped the global social media scene.
Digital Convergence: This module will focus on augmented reality, which is where real and virtual worlds collide. The process is already disrupting manufacturing, marketing, retail, healthcare etc and as technology evolves this will have an even bigger impact in the near future. There are ethics to all dimensions of digital marketing so you will be identifying what this means in interactive and mobile technology.
- Planning a Campaign: Describe in 500 words how you plan to approach and implement a new digital marketing campaign for your organisation.
- Buying Personas: Create a buyer persona.
- Social Media Platforms: Choose 2 SM platforms and create content for your organisation.
- Strategy Formulation of Social Media Campaign: 1 page development of your social media marketing campaign — outline the campaigns to be delivered across the different channels over the next year. Look at maximum of 3 different digital platforms.
- Pitching Your Ideas: Create a 10 minute pitch of your campaign.
How will you learn?
- Live learning from expert faculty
- Learning from industry expert
- Committed support team
- High-tech learning platform
- 1 week dedicated synchronous classes
- 3 weeks asynchronous reflective learning
- Form discussion for peer-to-peer learning
- Integrated assignments
- Breakout rooms
- Questions and answers
- Writing skills
- Flexible learning
What skills will you gain?
- Plan and execute practical strategic marketing interventions that exist in social media professional practice.
- Apply advanced analytical abilities and problem-solving skills in the context of digital marketing.
- Synthesise and critically evaluate theoretical frameworks of strategic marketing, consumer behaviour, digital marketing and social media.
- Analyse key digital marketing channels pertinent to contemporary practice.
- Develop vision for the future of e-commerce to incorporate it in future digital planning for your organisation.