Dr Gözde Tanrikulu is a Lecturer at the Berlin Schools of Business and Innovation, has graduated from Business Administration Doctorate Program in Dokuz Eylül University in 2023. She worked as a gamification and digital marketing consultant for a mindfulness-based mobile application in 2021-2023. Her doctoral thesis is related to gamification and purchase intention on mindfulness-based mobile application. Her academic career has been extensive and varied, including serving as an external lecturer in Economics at the University of Europe for Applied Sciences Berlin between 2022-2023, while also teaching as an Online Marketing Communication external lecturer at HMKW-University of Applied Science for Media, Communication & Management during the same period. Dr Tanrikulu has previously taught courses on Introduction to Marketing & Digital Marketing, Innovation and Change Management Courses in 2022-2023. During the 2021-2022 academic year, she taught courses in Economics, Marketing, Sales, and CRM at the University of Europe for Applied Sciences in Potsdam, Germany. Prior to that, Dr Tanrikulu was a full-time academic staff member at Yaşar University’s Foreign Trade Program from 2019 to 2021.
Her professional background includes working as a Global Purchasing Specialist in Norm Holding, a leading company in automotive industry between 2014 and 2019. During this time, Dr Tanrikulu continued her academic career and teaching courses on Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation as a part-time lecturer in Yasar University between 2016-2019. Dr Tanrikulu graduated from Master of Business Administration in 2017 from Yasar University. She performed Master Thesis Research in- Universität Duisburg-Essen in 2016. Her Bachelor’s degree is in International Trade and Finance in 2014. Her primary research interest span a wide range of topics, including Marketing, Innovation, Sales, Customer Relationship Management, Entrepreneurship, Purchasing, Gamification and Economics, making me a well-rounded academic with a wealth of knowledge and experience in these areas.
Areas of expertise
- Customer Relationship Management
- Purchase Intention
- Customer Experience
- Quality in Marketing
- Tanrikulu, G., & Demirel, B. (2023). Gamification in Mindfulness Mobile Applications: The Effects of Rewards on Purchase Intention. Optimum Journal of Economics and Management Sciences, 10(1), 125-142.
- Tanrikulu, G., & Demirel, B. (2022). Exploring the Quality Dimensions of Chatbots from the User Perspective: Evidence From the Banking Sector. Contemporary Business and Economic Issues (pp. 27-47). Publisher Name. ISBN: 978-625-8299-95-3.
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements
- Duman, S., Tanrikulu, G. & Demirel, B. (2022). Mindfulness Mobile App User Quality Evaluation: Mars Scale Adaptation. Paper presented at the 11th International Conference on Culture and Civilization, February 22-23, 2022, Turkey.
- Duman, S., Tanrikulu, G. & Demirel, B. (2022). An Exploratory Study on the User Experience of Mindfulness Mobile Applications. Paper presented at the 11th International Conference on Culture and Civilization, February 22-23, 2022, Turkey.
- Ozdilek, G. & Yarimoglu, E. (2018). The Determinants of Outsourcing Success: A Preliminary Study in the Automotive Subsidiary Industry. In Proceedings of Academics World International Conference. San Diego, USA.
Awards and Honors
- Highest Ranked Student in bachelor’s degree