MA in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management
The MA in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management will help you thrive in the world’s fastest-growing industries, broadening your understanding of the sector and giving you the skills to work in a globalised business environment.Start online application
Our master’s programmes have been selected from among many prestigious international programmes offered by Universita Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO.
What will you experience?
Throughout the MA programme, you’ll cover essential concepts of management, including business strategy, operations management, project management and cross-cultural leadership. You’ll also learn how to apply management and business concepts to the tourism, hospitality and event industries. As such, you’ll study business theories and their real-world application.
By the time you graduate, you’ll have developed problem-solving and decision-making skills, both of which are vital for successful management in the sectors.
In your final term, you’ll showcase your newly learned skills by carrying out research and preparing a dissertation on a relevant topic of your choice.
All students have the option to learn the German language.
The course is delivered 100% on-campus with full access to state-of-the art facilities. Students will also have additional access to course and reading materials via the UNINETTUNO platform.
Why study this programme?
This master’s degree is tailored to develop management and leadership competencies especially for the tourism, hospitality and event sectors. You will acquire the most relevant and up-to-date skills and know-how to increase your employability and boost your career, enabling you to move on to more senior positions in your field of choice.
You will also earn a master’s degree with 90 European University Credits (ECTS). This helps student mobility in the EU when it comes to transferring credits from one higher education institution to another.
NO INTAKES AVAILABLE
The School’s admissions process is subject to the Consumer Contracts (Terms and Conditions). Information on your Right of Withdrawal and our Refund Policy can be found in the BSBI study agreement.
This programme consists of three terms (10 weeks each) and a term of dissertation (12 weeks).
During its first three terms, the MA in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management will cover key topics such as marketing planning, strategic approaches in tourism and hospitality business, operational management, cross-cultural management, event management and entrepreneurship.
You will also attend modules on academic research methods and study the German language alongside your master’s degree subjects. On your final term, you will research and prepare a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
Teaching takes place Monday to Saturdays, during morning, afternoon, or evening sessions.
The modules of this programme are offered and delivered 100% on campus. Students will also have additional access to course and reading materials via the UNINETTUNO platform.
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Strategy
- Strategic Approach in Marketing Planning for Hospitality
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Cross-Cultural Management (blended)
- Event Management (Strategic & Contemporary Issues)
- International Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Events
- Business Decision making for Hospitality and Events (blended)
- German Language Studies
- Research Methods and Dissertation
Graduates will be able to:
- Show in-depth knowledge of issues related to managing international tourism, hospitality and event businesses
- Develop senior management strategic skills
- Develop original approaches to manage tourism, hospitality and event organisations
- Understand ethical management in tourism, hospitality and event industries
- Develop individual learning, communication, time management and team dynamics skills
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct self-managed research and develop a research methodology
- Demonstrate the ability to identify an issue, critically assess the material and draw logical conclusions and recommendations
After completing the MA in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, you will be able to apply for a range of managerial roles in relevant organisations around the world.
BSBI’s dedicated Careers Service helps international tourism students and alumni reach their career goals and realise their potential. The Service offers specialised support and aims to build long-lasting relationships with local and national employers. To find out more about the support available, visit the Careers Service website.
The Virtual Student Lounge
You’ll also be able to discover more about living and studying in Europe’s start-up capital, Berlin and find out more about the services on offer at BSBI.