Data analytics enable business managers to integrate data-driven decisions. If you are looking to gain experience in a lucrative field that is only growing — this course is for you.
“60% believe hiring criteria include data skills” — Manpowergroup Talent Survey, 2020
“75% of enterprises will operationalise AI by 2024” — Gartner Data Trend, 2020
“70% say that C-Suite team have at least one data leader” — McKinsey Survey 2019
Why study this course?
Data analytics is becoming increasingly popular amongst organisations to help make crucial decisions across various business functions.
If you are looking to get into data analytics, this course provides you with the foundation you need, from theory to practice. It is suitable for complete beginners and serves as the starting point to begin playing with data. By the end of this programme, you will be able to evaluate the best analytical approach for solving your business problem/s, and gain an understanding of the best ways to leverage data for better outcomes.
Who should take this course?
This programme is developed for professionals who aspire to manage an organisation and make important business decisions backed by data. In specific, the course will be most beneficial to:
- Middle to top level business managers
responsible for enhancing the value of firm.
- Entrepreneurs who wish to plan future
business decisions and evaluate business plans.
- Consultants who aim to provide data driven solutions for business organisations.
Please note that this course is only available to students at BSBI enrolled on a number of courses. If you are an external prospective student, please complete the form and discuss this with an education advisor. If a current student, please speak to your academic team.
During the programme, students will have the opportunity to study a range of areas within data analytics, gaining confidence in this specific subject, learning from practical teaching from our academic faculty.
Introduction to Data Analytics:
This module elaborates on the meaning and scope of business analytics, and the ways concepts of data analytics can be applied to finance, marketing and human resource operations. This will help you to identify and describe business problems in terms of analytical statements.
Visualizing the Data Using Dashboards:
Data analysis is productive if communicated appropriately for end-users. This module deals with graphical representation of data by using charts, graphs, maps, data visualisation tools, etc. Using these tools, the reporting and dashboards can be prepared to reflect trends, patterns and outliers.
Predictions Using Data:
This module presents basic data analysis and visualisation in Excel. You will learn an introduction to the basic functions in Excel such as filtering and sorting data, conditional formatting, building basic charts and graphs, pivot tables, what-if analysis, lookup, conditional and other commonly used functions. By the end of the module you will be able to fully comprehend these skills and employ them in your own decision-making.
Making Prediction Using Linear and Logistic Regression Model:
This module empowers you with the skillset required to identify which model should be applied for predicting. This includes the needs assessment, identifying variables and applying the right tools such as linear or logistic regression. The module provides an in depth understanding of these concepts and applications.
Segmentation Using Cluster Analysis:
This module elaborates on cluster analysis. K-means clustering and hierarchal clustering. One example is segmentation of customers using cluster analysis which is helpful in identifying homogenous groups of buyers. Understanding the project cycle and effectively communicating analysis insights is key to a successful organisation.
- Identify Need: Analyse business problem and plan for data requirement by assessing the feasibility to suggest solutions for the given business problem.
- Excel Analysis: Prepare data and conduct basic analysis in MS Excel to derive conclusions.
- Regression: Identify dependent and independent variables and identify significant relationships between variables.
- Customer Segmentation: Segment customers for a given brand using cluster analysis.
- DashBoards: Prepare dashboards for the given scenario.
How will you learn?
- Live learning from expert faculty
- Learning from an industry expert
- Committed support team
- High-tech learning platform
- 1 week dedicated synchronous classes
- 3 weeks asynchronous reflective learning
- Form discussion for peer-to-peer learning
- Integrated assignments
- Breakout rooms
- Questions and answers
- Writing skills
- Flexible learning
What skills will you gain?
- Solve business problems and support managerial decision-making using data analytics.
- Develop a needs assessment for data analysis and prepare reports by analysing business data.
- Apply Excel and Excel add-ins to help solve business problems.
- Present data using dashboards to allow quick and easy review.
- Categorise various tools and assess the feasibility of the tools to solve business problems.