Student Welfare and Careers Officer (freelancer) | Barcelona, Spain
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Reports professionally: Campus Manager
Representation for: Student Welfare/Careers Officer
BSBI’s mission is to educate students to effectively shape the future and become excellent leaders of tomorrow in an ever-changing business world. It also aims to teach students to understand how businesses function and how economic success is generated. BSBI offers industry-relevant programs that focus on the development of practical entrepreneurial skills necessary for professional success. Located in the heart of Berlin, we are an international business school that offers academic excellence. We are a member of Global University Systems (GUS) and provide unlimited career opportunities for its students and staff.
Currently, BSBI is looking for a friendly and trustworthy Student Welfare Officer to work full-time in the Student Services Department on campus. We are looking for a candidate who can begin working with us as soon as possible.
The key objective is to support the Student Services team by fielding general student enquiries, assessing student welfare, and initiating student engagement activities. In this role, you will report to the Campus Manager.
- Being the first point of contact for all student enquiries, supporting them via email, telephone and in person in different aspects of their student life
- General administrative duties (maintaining databases, filing, scanning, booking appointments, issuing official university letters, etc.)
- Initiating, promoting, and supporting student engagement activities and student events, in cooperation with the Student Council and other BSBI departments
- Supporting regular communication with students (surveys, newsletters, emails) in order to assess and contribute to the welfare of the student community
- Delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction through seamless administration, excellent customer service, and effective communication
- Offering support in preparation for and throughout the registration process
- First point of contact in the Careers Service for students and graduates
- Conceptualising and creation of Careers Service materials for students, graduates and members of staff as well as for partner organisation and external businesses and institutions
- Close collaboration with the Campus Management, Marketing and Student Services Teams as well as with other colleagues located at BSBI campuses in Germany, Greece and France
- Launch and active development of a partner organisation network for the new creative campus in Barcelona focusing on acquisition of business partners within the creative sector in this city
- Supporting and solidifying cooperation with new organisations for long-term partnership purposes
- You have a solid background in a front-line customer service
- You are open and communicative, highly social and empathetic person
- You can quickly build strong relationships with other students and departments
- You enjoy working in a team, showing initiative and introducing new ideas
- You have a flexible mindset and ability to adapt to different responsibilities
- You have good knowledge of MS Office
- You are fully fluent in Spanish and English, knowledge of other languages is advantageous
- An appreciative, collegial company culture and high professional standards
- A high degree of personal responsibility and creative freedom from day one
- The opportunity to contribute and develop your professional and personal strengths
- Direct cooperation with the management
- A competitive salary
- A higher vacation budget with increasing seniority
- Regular team events
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to: email@example.com.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany. BSBI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the company and the Group it belongs to and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
We look forward to receiving your application!