Dr Ibrahim Baghdadi is a Ph.D. holder in Tourism Economics from Grenoble-Alpes University (France). He is a creative professor, knowledgeable researcher and a previous chairperson of hospitality and tourism management for eighteen years with long record in leading research programs, obtaining research grants and supervising research students.
Dr Baghdadi is a member of board of referees for several international journals, an author of two books and several research papers. His research interests include, but are not limited to, sustainable development, change management, hospitality & tourism innovation and international business development. On the other flip, Dr Baghdadi is an experienced and results-driven professional with long expertise in Hospitality Management, International Business Development, Training & Consultancy. He is credited with combining academic and business development expertise to deliver substantial revenue growth in highly competitive and diverse business markets.
Areas of expertise
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Financial Analyses
- International Commerce
- Sustainable development
- Change management
- Hospitality & tourism innovation
- International business development
- Baghdadi, I., 2019. Innovation Networks: A Tool for Food-Culture Preservation and Sustainability in the Era of Globalization. Journal of Sustainable Development,12(1), pp. 10-26, Print ISSN 1913-9063 E-ISSN 1913-9071.
- Baghdadi, I., 2019. Community Management Institutions: A Strategic Approach for Common-Pool Resource Preservation and Tourism Sustainability. International Journal of Development and Economic Sustainability, 7(1), pp. 9-22, Print ISSN: 2053-2199, Online ISSN: 2053-2202.
- Baghdadi, I. & Ferguène, A., 2017. Ski-Resort Network Governance and Sustainable Local Development. International Journal of Development and Economic Sustainability, 5(4), pp.43-68, Print ISSN: 2053-2199, Online ISSN: 2053-2202.
- Baghdadi, I., Fahes, M. & Ramadan, M., 2017. Disabled Friendly Facility between Feasibility and Legality. Applied Economics and Finance, 4(5), pp. 65-77, Print ISSN: 2332-7294, Online ISSN:2332-7308.
- Ferguène, A. & Baghdadi, I., 2017. Socio-Political Governance, Institutional Functioning and Economic Development. Argumenta Oeconomica Cracoviensia, Issue 16: 51-80, ISSN 1642-168X.
- Baghdadi, I. (2015). Cooking Arts for the Junior Chef. Lebanese Ministry of Culture. ISBN: 978-9-9530-3200-9 (BOOK)
- Baghdadi, I. & Banat, R., 2014. The Impact of Syrian Immigration Shock on Wages in the Lebanese Fast-food Labor Market, ESJ, 10(34), pp.105-116, Print ISSN: 1857 – 7881, Online ISSN: 1857- 7431.
- Baghdadi, I. (2014). Gestion stratégique des ressources et développement local durable. Sarrebruck : Presses Académiques Francophones. ISBN:978-3-8416-2906-7 (BOOK)
- Baghdadi, I. (2013) Online Booking: An opportunity or a threat to retail travel agents? e-Review of Tourism Research (eRTR), Vol. 10, No. 5/6: 88-99. http://ertr.tamu.edu
- Baghdadi, I. (2011). The Future of Hospitality Education, Hospitality news editorial, No. 77.
- Baghdadi, I. (2010). Les politiques technologiques régionales. PACTE- Laboratoire de recherche en sciences Sociales-Grenoble, Pages : 1-8
- Baghdadi, I. (2010). La métropolisation dans l’économie globale : le cas des pays arabes de la méditerranée. PACTE- Laboratoire de recherche en sciences Sociales, Grenoble, Pages : 1-14
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements
- Independent travel (2013), Lebanese International University, e-Review of Tourism Research.
- Tourism development (2015), American University of Culture and Education, Intercultural business development.
- Sustainable tourism development (2018), Lebanese University, Globalization and sustainability.