Lecturer in Game and Design (m/f/d) | Hamburg, Germany
Location: BSBI Faculty of Creative Industries – Gasstrasse 6B, Kontor N, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany
Reports professionally: Provost & Chief Academic Officer
BSBI’s mission is to educate students to effectively shape the future and become excellent leaders of tomorrow in an ever-changing business world.
It also aims to teach students to understand how businesses function and how economic success is generated.
BSBI offers industry-relevant programs that focus on the development of practical entrepreneurial skills necessary for professional success.
Located in the heart of Berlin, we are an international business school that offers academic excellence. We are a member of Global University Systems (GUS) and provide unlimited career opportunities for its students and staff.
- Teaching the assigned academic modules according to the curriculum.
- Administering, proctoring and marking all students‘ assignments and exams papers of all assigned classes.
- Amending or designing and developing a new curriculum for a Module if required.
- Updating a Syllabus or Syllabi if required.
- Supervising a number of Dissertations per academic year (if required).
- Providing consultation and mentoring to students.
- Creating assignment briefs and exams papers.
- Providing feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence.
- Teaching students study skills relevant to programmes and exam-taking strategies.
- Providing, if needed, private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance and to prepare for exams.
- Assessing students’ progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Scheduling tutoring appointments with students.
- Monitoring student performance or assisting students in academic environments, such as classrooms, laboratories, or computing centers.
- Organising the tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
- Participating in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
- Communicate effectively with students and convey passion for learning.
- Maintaining records of students’ assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Preparing lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to the Programmes needs and goals.
- Creatively design teaching materials that maximises student’s experience.
- Developing content, both written and recorded, as directed by the Chief Academic Officer.
- Researching or recommending textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Communicating students’ progress to students in written progress reports, in person, by phone, by e-mail and/or teleconferencing.
- Identifying, developing, or implementing intervention strategies, tutoring plans, or individualised education plans (IEPs) for students.
- Performing day-to-day tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork related to teaching activities.
- Provide feedback to students on their progress.
- Playing a proactive role in promoting the School.
- Providing all students with tutor support to develop their assignments
- Participating in School‘s activities as required by the Chief Academic Officer
- PhD or PhD candidate
- Prior teaching experience in higher education at University level
- Very good knowledge of Windows OS, of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
- Scientific publications in a related discipline
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of German is desirable
- Knowledge of Educational Platforms (i.e. Canvas, Blackboard etc.)
- Working knowledge of timetabling software
- Sound knowledge of study regulations and rules
- Very good organisational and communication skills
- High social competence and assertiveness
- Maintaining an overview even with high workloads
- Entrepreneurial and economic way of thinking and working
- Resilient and flexible
- Motivated for further academic and professional development
- Further training and vocational education, as well as polishing up academic titles
- Exchange possibilities with GUS entities in other countries
- Team events
- Special conditions from BSBI business partners
- Free refreshments
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to: email@example.com.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany. BSBI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the company and the Group it belongs to and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
We look forward to receiving your application!