Non-visa countries

Study Permit

If you wish to study in Germany with BSBI, you don’t need a visa. In fact, you are granted 90 days with a visa-on-arrival. In order to be eligible, you need to obtain your residence permit within 90 days after your arrival in Germany.

For up to date information, check here or contact your local German embassy or consulate.

Click here for more information about German visa regulations.

Working while studying

Would you like to work while studying? If so, you must be aware that the German authorities only allow international students to work for 120 days per year or 240 half-days annually. Working while studying is a very common option for students wishing to support themselves financially, while being enrolled in a course at university. Please remember that you are not allowed to work as a freelancer or become self-employed.