Dean of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
Location: Alte Post · Karl-Marx-Straße 97-99 · 12043 Berlin, Germany
Reports professionally: Provost & Chief Academic Officer
BSBI’s mission is to educate students to effectively shape the future and become excellent leaders of tomorrow in an ever-changing business world.
It also aims to teach students to understand how businesses function and how economic success is generated.
BSBI offers industry-relevant programmes that focus on the development of practical entrepreneurial skills necessary for professional success.
Located in the heart of Berlin, we are an international business school that offers academic excellence, is a member of Global University Systems (GUS) and provides unlimited career opportunities for its students and staff.
- Overseeing all the administrative and academic activities of all the UG/PG programmes that the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration is offering within the current and also a potential future structure.
- Overseeing the timetabling of didactic activities and assignment of teaching modules to professors.
- Teaching 200 hours per academic year of assigned academic modules according to the curriculum and the needs of the school.
- Overseeing that the Administration, proctoring and marking of all students‘ assignments and exams is done appropriately and according to regulations.
- Overseeing the performance of students and retention rate.
- Amending or designing and developing a new curriculum for a Programme or an individual Module if required.
- Updating a Syllabus or Syllabi if required.
- Supervising up to 10 Doctorate students per academic year.
- Providing consultation and mentoring to students and to lecturers for enhancing their academic and professional skills.
- Creating assignment briefs and exams papers if required.
- Covering teaching activities in the case of an emergency.
- Providing consultation to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence.
- Scheduling mentoring appointments with professors.
- Monitoring faculty performance (including freelancers) and provide evaluation reports.
- Assessing KPIs for faculty staff.
- Proposing new members of faculty for teaching positions and conduct interviews.
- Organising the academic environment to promote productivity and learning.
- Organizing training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices and assist professors to learn new tutoring techniques.
- Communicating effectively with faculty members and students to convey passion for learning.
- Overseeing the records of students’ assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Giving the guidelines for professors to prepare lesson plans and tutoring sessions according to the Programmes needs and goals.
- Creatively design teaching materials that maximizes student’s experience.
- Developing content, both written and recorded, as directed by the Provost and Chief Academic Officer of the School.
- Researching or recommending textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Identifying, developing, or implementing intervention strategies, tutoring plans, or individualised education plans (IEPs) for students.
- Performing day-to-day tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork related to his duties and activities.
- Provide feedback to students on their progress, if required.
- Playing a proactive role in promoting the School and the Faculty.
- Contribute actively to the research activities of the school.
- Participating in School ‘s activities (including extra-curricular) as required by the Provost and Chief Academic Officer of the School.
- Working very close and under the guidance and supervision of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer of the School
- PhD in the domain of business or management
- Post doctorate research in the domains of business or management
- Prior teaching experience in higher education at university level for at least 15 years
- Prior experience in a similar academic position in a University (Dean or Head of Department) for at least 3 years
- Prior experience in working in the international business sector (outside Germany) in an executive position for at least 3 years
- Very good knowledge of Windows OS, of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
- A significant number of Scientific publications, citation index and of at least three books
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C2 level)
- Due to the international character of the school, knowledge of at least two foreign languages
- Sound knowledge of Educational Platforms (i.e., Canvas, Blackboard etc.)
- Sound knowledge of study regulations and rules
What we offer
- Varied tasks in a great team atmosphere
- Working with colleagues from many countries and different backgrounds
- Working independently on a variety of challenging and diverse projects
- Participation in numerous on-campus events in the field of culture, business, and science within a great network of organisations
- Working from a modern, brand new campus in Alte Post in the heart of the Neukölln district
- Room for sharing your own ideas and their implementation
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave per year (starting at 27 plus 1 accrued for every completed year)
- Attractive salary
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSBI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the company and the Group it belongs to and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.