Dr. Marios Menexiadis is an economist with specialization in Internal Audit. He is the Group Internal Audit Director of Aegean Airlines and at the same time the Data Protection Officer. Prior to joining the aviation industry in 2009, he offered his services as Director of Internal Audit in the chemical industry, food and beverage industry, while his professional career started within the "Big 5" (Andersen & PwC).
He offers his services and know-how as Chairman of Audit Committees of BoDs and has been member of the Audit Committee of the Hellenic Institute of Internal Auditors. In parallel, he is a Senior Council Member and Chairman of the Educational Committee at the Association of Certified Public Accountants International (ACPAI), representing the Balkan countries and the ones of the Mediterranean.
Dr. Marios Menexiadis is an adjunct professor on a series of postgraduate and undergraduate programs (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Piraeus University, Hellenic Open University, BSBI, Escem France, International Hellenic University) and a co-author of the book "Internal Audit" published by Rosili Publications.
He holds a PhD degree in Internal Audit and Best Practices from NKUA, a MSc in Internal Audit from City University and a MAcc in International Accounting and Financial Management from Glasgow University. He is a fellow CPA member from ACPAI and a fellow member from AICPA.
In parallel, he has been awarded the professional titles of CICA and CCS by the US Internal Audit Institution.
- International Conference on Applied Business & Economics (ICABE 2017) – University of National and World Economy, Sofia, September 2017.
- Internal audit and systems of internal audit in Greek Banks, Conference of Hellenic Open University, April 2017 (with, Siouziou I., Toudas K.).
- AIR CONVENTION EUROPE: Data Protection and data process impact assessment – key speaker (Vilnius Sep.19).
- DATA PROTECTION & Personal data protection as part of corporate social responsibility, PRIVACY LAW FORUM: key speaker (Athens Feb.2020).
- EUROPEAN FRAUD PREVENTION FORUM Data Protection and compliance – key speaker (Belgrade Mar 20).
- European Internal Audit, European Internal Audit Forum (May 20). (Madrid)
- AIR CONVENTION EUROPE: Internal Controls & Corporate Governance – key speaker (Vilnius Sep.20).
- ICOMIA (World Marinas’ Conference): Airlines in the post-Covid period – key speaker (Oct.20).
- Corporate Governance
- Internal Audit Contribution at the Covid – 19 era, European Business Review, 2nd September 2020, (with K. Zopounidis, C. Lemonakis).
- Internal Controls’ effectiveness», Balios D., Eriotis N., Menexiadis M., Vasileiou D. Archives of Economic History, 2020.
- Corporate culture and Corporate Governance, Insurance daily news, 20th March 2020, (with K. Zopounidis, C. Lemonakis).
- The Internal Auditor’s Role within the Corporate Governance Framework, Insurance daily news, 5th March 2020, (with K. Zopounidis, C. Lemonakis).
- Differences between US GAAP and IFRS during the years of financial crisis within basic conceptual figures as well as the cash flow statements, Interdisciplinary Journal of Economics and Business Law, 2020, Issue 8, volume 9, pp.28-40, (with A. Garefalakis, K. Toudas, C.Lemonakis).
- Fraud triangle red flags as a methodology: Lessons from the Greek case, (with N. Al-Sharif, A. Plastiras), to be published in December 2019.
- A contribution on understanding the professional perception and practice in borderline cases: creative accounting Vs. fraud. The case of Greek external auditors», 15th Conference of International Institute of Costs & 4th transatlantic Conference of Accounting, Auditing, Financial Control and Cost Control in the theme “Towards more Socially Responsible Practices in Accounting, Auditing and Control”, June 2017 (with A. Plastiras, N. Alsharif).
- Internal audit and systems of internal audit in Greek Banks», China – USA Business Review, Volume 16, no.12, December 2017.
- The Effect of Internal, Industry and Macroeconomic Factors on Banking Profitability: Evidence from the Post 2000 Southern European Banking Sector, International Journal of Economics and Business Administration Volume IV, Issue 4, 2016 pp. 73 – 92, (with N. Kalogeridis, E. Drimbetas).