Programme Advisor (Freelancer) | Paris, France
Role: Programme Advisor / Consultant
Location: Paris, France
Job Type: Full-time
Programme Advisors are responsible for promoting BSBI’s programme portfolio to potential students over the phone and via e-mail, forming a vital and integral part of the sales team. The purpose of the role is to manage the pipeline of students from initial application right through to payment of tuition fees.
You will work with minimal day-to-day supervision, leading on and managing the consultative sales process within established parameters and procedures. They will require a thorough understanding of relevant systems/processes, BSBI products, or the working environment. Role holders will strive to achieve set targets and organise their own day-to-day work to meet clear objectives.
Independence and initiative will be required to react to changing priorities and work circumstances, with the scope to make decisions within clear parameters. This may also include responding to complaints and escalated issues and resolving problems involving other departments. They will typically set and monitor standards within their own work area, with scope for improving operational effectiveness and quality service through the application of process improvement.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Providing individually tailored advice to all prospective students
- Consulting students through the full application circle: from initial conversation through to finalising and closing their application to study with BSBI.
- Exploring possible career paths for students and matching them with specific BSBI offerings
- For international students: advising/ making students aware of visa, immigration issues and compliance.
- Handling student enquiries regarding different programmes from the potential student
- Building commonalities to gain trust and engage potential students
- Provide outstanding customer service to all students, and all stakeholders, which is timely and efficient, and encourages students to choose BSBI
- Handling student enquiries regarding different programmes from potential students’ business partners
- Providing individually tailored advice at all times
- Portraying a positive and professional image of BSBI at all times. Generating a positive and sought-after image of BSBI
- Account Managing student’s applications from original enquiry to payment of tuition fees
Requirements for the role
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. (Essential)
- A relevant sales qualification (Desirable)
Knowledge & Skills
- Customer-focused with excellent interpersonal skills, including professional credibility, relationship building, and influencing – ‘customer comes first’
- Expert in Excel, able to run pivot tables and presentations
- Both advisory and sells skills
- Analysis and decision-making skills
- Excellent presentation skills and a high level of confidence
- Ability to multitask in a busy, highly pressured, fast-paced working environment
- Be able to provide career guidance and explore relevant career pathways for students
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in using a CRM.
- An understanding of Higher / Further education and an interest in working in the education sector.
- Proven background in new B2C / income generating role.
- Experience in developing and implementing key account processes.
- Previous experience in face-to-face consultative sales position
- Proactive, self-motivated and achievement driven with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Organised, confident, self-disciplined, thorough and logical.
- Experience in operating in a sales role internationally.
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the Group and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.