Senior Admissions Officer – BSBI Barcelona, Spain (m/f/d) Freelancer
Location: CETT Barcelona School of Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy, Av. de Can Marcet, 36-38, 08035 Barcelona
Position: Senior Admissions Officer – BSBI Barcelona (m/f/d) Freelancer
BSBI’s mission is to educate students to effectively shape the future and become excellent leaders of tomorrow in an ever-changing business world. It also aims to teach students to understand how businesses function and how economic success is generated. BSBI offers industry-relevant programs that focus on the development of practical entrepreneurial skills necessary for professional success. Located in the heart of Berlin, we are an international business school that offers academic excellence. We are a member of Global University Systems (GUS) and provide unlimited career opportunities for its students and staff.
The Senior Admissions Officer role involves accurately analysing, evaluating student applications, and supporting documents. It is an administrative role, with the ideal candidate possessing experience working in admissions/international education in a detail-oriented and fast-paced environment.
Key activities & responsibilities
- Maintain and update all new and existing student information and files.
- Ensure all student files are in accordance with Government regulations.
- Collaborate with the student recruitment team to process applications in a timely manner.
- Assess and process applications for completeness.
- Assist in referring acceptance letters and other relevant admission documents to the appropriate source.
- Work closely with other departments to keep close communication between them and the admissions office.
- Produce admission data and reports for other departments and management, historical and prospective.
- Liaise with academic departments about specific admissions-related matters.
- Authenticate official documents for North American and International applicants according to established procedures.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the College’s admissions policy and Government regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Technical Skills
- Eye for details is required to understand the admission process and requirements in detail
- Excellent communication
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Prioritize effectively to meet the aggressive timelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel (advanced), and PowerPoint
- Cross cultural understanding and ability to drive work globally
- Multi-tasking, able to manage multiple processes / tasks at one time
Essential Personal Skills
- Focused – Eye for details
- Understanding of work prioritization
- Critical Thinker
- Live the core values and drive company culture
- Ability to highlight challenges in the process of admission
- Ensure transparent and regular communication with management
- Post-secondary education is required.
- Fluent in Spanish (verbal, writing)
- 2 years of related experience working in a fast-paced admissions/international education role is required.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written and oral.
- Exceptional computer skills – experience in Microsoft Office applications, Advanced Excel, and database experience
- An appreciative, collegial company culture and high professional standards
- A high degree of personal responsibility and creative freedom from day one
- The opportunity to contribute and develop your professional and personal strengths
- Direct cooperation with senior management
- A competitive salary
- Regular team events
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must have the right to work in Spain. BSBI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the company and the Group it belongs to and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
We look forward to receiving your application!