Eirini Koronaki is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics in the University of Western Macedonia. She is an adjunct faculty member in Rennes School of Business. She served as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Business Administration of Food and Agricultural Enterprises at the University of Patras on the subject of sustainability in luxury consumption. She is a graduate of Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), holds a M.Sc. in Marketing and Strategy from Warwick Business School and a Ph.D. from the Department of Business Administration of Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), on the consumption of luxury branded products and the influence the cultural environment.
She has supervised a number of postgraduate diploma theses (ESC Rennes, AE TT Piraeus) and has taught at an undergraduate level in the Erasmus program of AUEB, the Open University of Cyprus and Deree-The American College of Greece. At a postgraduate level, she has taught at the ESC Rennes School of Business and the University of Technology of Piraeus.
Her research interests lie in the fields of Brand Management (especially Luxury Brand Management), Consumer Behaviour, International Marketing and Marketing Communications. She has co-authored book chapters and has presented papers in several conferences, while she has published articles in peer-reviewed academic journals.
She has taken part in consultancy programmes for business executives and has professional experience as a Business Development Manager.
- Luxury brand management
- Luxury consumption
- 2020 Panopoulos, A., Koronaki, E., Kyrousi A. and Zotou, A. “Redefining luxury advertising: motivation in advertised value, attitudes and susceptibility”, Global Marketing Conference, Seoul, 5-8 November
- 2020 Kyrousi, A., Zotou, A. & Koronaki, E. “Consumers under lockdown: self-gifting and mood alleviation”, International Conference on Strategic Innovative Marketing and Tourism -ICSIMAT 2020, Virtual Conference, September 26-28.
- 2020 Vlachvei, A., Koronaki, E & Rogriduez-Garcia, A. “Constructing consumer-brand relationships for luxury brands: the role of the omni-channel experience and perceived uniqueness”, International Conference on Contemporary Marketing Issues ICCMI, Virtual Conference, September 11-13.
- 2019 Kyrousi, A., Zotou, A. & Koronaki, E. “Creative Experiences as Self-Gifts: Understanding the Consumption of Aesthetic Products”, 18th International Conference on Research in Advertising (ICORIA), June 28-20, Krems, Austria.
- 2018 Koronaki, E. & Kyrousi, A. & Panigyrakis, G. " The emotional value of Arts-Based Initiatives: Strengthening the luxury brand –consumer relationship", Special Issue on the Arts as Sources of Value Creation for Business: Theory, Research, and Practice, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 85, pp. 406-413. (ABS Quality List: 3 stars, Impact factor: 3.354)
- 2018 Panigyrakis, G., & Panopoulos, A. & Koronaki, E. “Looking for Luxury CSR Practices that make more Sense: the Role of corporate Identity and Consumer Attitude”, Journal of Marketing Communications, Feb, pp. 1-19. (ABS Quality List: 1 star, Impact factor: 0.9)
- 2019 Panigyrakis, G., & Panopoulos, A. & Koronaki, E. “All we have is words: applying rhetoric to examine how social media marketing activities strengthen the connection between the brand and the self”, International Journal of advertising, 1-20. (ABS Quality List: 2 star, Impact factor: 2.494)