Ms Velayati is a PhD candidate in management in NEOMA Business School (France), and an enthusiastic researcher with publications appearing in high-ranking journals such as Technovation, Internation Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, and Qualitative Market Research.
Her research now mostly focuses on crowdsourcing from a microfoundations perspective. More specifically, she investigates the contingencies which may impact the effectiveness of crowdsourcing practices. She was also the principal investigator for a research project on Open Innovation in the region, aimed at enabling SMEs to incorporate Open Innovation practices to deal with the aftermaths of COVID-19.
Ms Velayati is interested in quantitative data analysis through SPSS and R although she has also published qualitative research.
Back home in Iran, she worked for several years in both the industry (in the fields of strategy and marketing) and the academia (as a lecturer) but her passion for teaching dates back to almost two decades ago when she first started her job as an EFL teacher.
- Open Innovation
- Bounded Rationality
- Gurca, A., Bagherzadeh, M., and Velayati, R. (2022), “Problem attributes and crowdsourcing process”, Technovation, 119, 102613. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2022.102613 (ABS 3*)
- Nazarian, A., Velayati, R., Foroudi, P., Edirisinghe, D., and Atkinson, P. (2021), “Organizational justice in the hotel industry: Revisiting GLOBE from a national culture perspective”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 33(12), 4418-4438. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-04-2021-0449 (ABS 3*)
- Velayati, R., Shabani, E., and Nazarian, A. (2020), “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst: Barriers to service innovation”, Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, 23(4), 843-863. https://doi.org/10.1108/QMR-05-2020-0062 (ABS 2*)
Presentations/ Conferences/ PDWs
- Open Innovation in SMEs Creez Comme Elle (France)
- 2021- 8th Annual World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC), Finalist for Best Student Paper Award, University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- 2021- Doctoral Consortium (PDW) Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- 2021- 1st CITM DSG Virtual Symposium Durham Business School, UK.
- 2021- 6th Annual Doctoral Consortium IE Business School, Spain
- PDW Coordinator, Reviewer & Member of the Editorial Board, 9th World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC), University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Coordinator- Technovation Special Issue Workshop (Hybrid) in collaboration with NEOMA Business School, France
- Coordinator- “Paper Review and Problem-Solving Sessions”, Complexity Advantage Area of Excellence, NEOMA Business School, France
- Coordinator- Grand Reims Project Seminars 1 & 2, LA COMMUNAUTÉ URBAINE DU GRAND REIMS, France
- Reviewer & Member of the Editorial Board. 8th World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC), University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands