Dr. Zahid Irshad Younas is an expert academic with experience of more than ten years in teaching and research. Previously, he has served as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Finance Investment (NUST Business School, Islamabad) from 2017 to 2022. He has also served as a lecturer in Accounting and Finance at the Department of Economics GC University, Lahore from 2008 to 2014. He obtained his PhD in Finance from Kassel Universität, Germany. He has published several research papers in well-reputed and indexed journals. He is also a member of the reviewers’ board at the Journal of Global Responsibility launched by Leeds Business School, UK.
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Accounting
- Sustainable Finance
- Financial Inclusion
- Financial Economics
- Firm Sustainability (ESG)
- Panel Data Econometrics
Zahid Irshad Younas, Samavia Arshad & Mamdouh Abdulaziz Saleh Al-Faryan (2023) Politically connected independent directors are ‘helping hand’ and ‘grabbing hand’ for CSR performance of firms in Pakistan, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, DOI: 10.1080/13547860.2022.2157127
Zahid Jumah, Zahid Irshad Younas & Mamdouh Abdulaziz Saleh Al-Faryan (2022): Economic policy uncertainty, corporate diversification, and corporate investment, Applied Economics Letters, DOI: 10.1080/13504851.2022.2106028.
- Younas, Z.I., Khan, M. and Al-Faryan, M.A.S. (2022), "Macroeconomic conditions are only an illusion, not the solution, to firm sustainability: unveiling the new dimension of stakeholder wellbeing", International Journal of Ethics and Systems, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOES-02-2021-0038.
- Younas, Z. and Al-Faryan, M. (2021) Environmental and Social Concerns of Stakeholders and Corporate Governance in Germany. Theoretical Economics Letters, 11, 881-888. doi: 10.4236/tel.2021.115056. Journal ranked “Q1” in ABS list.
- Younas, Z. I., Qureshi, A. & Al-Faryan, M. (2022). Financial inclusion shadow economy and economic growth in developing economies. Structural Change and Economic dynamics. Journal ranked “Q2” in ABS. Impact factor 3.57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strueco.2022.03.011. HJRS W category.
- Abbas, F., & Younas, Z., (2021). How do bank capital and capital buffer affect Risk: Empirical evidence from large US commercial banks. Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, 2, 109-131. HJRS-X- Category and “C” in ABDC list.
- Rana, I, A., Routary, J,K & Younas, Z., (2020). Spatiotemporal dynamics of development inequalities in Lahore City Region, Pakistan. Cities, 26. Journal impact factor is 5.835. HJRS-W- Category.
- Rana, I, A., Jamshed, A., Younas, Z.I., & Saad., S. (2020). Characterizing flood risk perception in urban communities of Lahore. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 46. Journal impact factor is 4.320. HJRS-W- Category.
- Younas, Z, Klein, C & Zwergel, B and Thorsten T., (2019). Board Composition and Corporate Risk taking: A Case of Listed Firms from USA and Germany. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 20 (4), pp 526-542. Ranked “C” in VHB Jourqel list Germany, HJRS-X-Category and “Q2” in ABS.
- Younas, Z, & Zafar, A., (2018). Corporate Risk taking and Sustainability: A Case of Listed Firms from USA and Germany. Journal of Global Responsibility. Ranked “C” in VHB Jourqel list Germany. “Q1” in ABS HJRS-Y- Category.
- Younas, Z, Klein, C & Zwergel, B (2017). The Effects of Ownership Concentration on Sustainability: A Case of Listed Firms from USA, UK and Germany. Corporate Ownership & Control, 14, pp.113-121. Ranked “C” in VHB Jourqel list Germany. HJRS-Y- Category and “B” in ABDC list.
- Ashfaq, K., Younas, Z.I., and Mehmood, B. (2014). Impact of Ownership Structure on Default Risk: A Case of Banking Sector of Pakistan. Corporate Ownership and Control, 11 (2). Ranked “C” in VHB Jourqel list Germany. HJRS-Y- Category and “B” in ABDC list.
- Younas, Z.I., Velte, P., and Ashfaq, K. (2014). Audit Pricing in China and Pakistan; A Comparative Review of Audit Practices. Journal of Accounting and Management Information system, 13 (1), pp 98-110. HJRS-Y- Category. Q1 ABS Journal list.
- Pakistan can generate resources by expanding branch network of banks (https://tribune.com.pk/story/1779472/2-/)1
- Recovery of bad debts can help boost economy https://tribune.com.pk/story/1815349/recovery-bad-debts-can-help-boost-economy
- Pakistan struggles to attract FDI. https://tribune.com.pk/story/1764410/2-pakistan-struggles-attract-fdi-business
Received Scholarship from NUST to obtain PhD in Germany.
Younas, Z.I., Velte, P., and Ashfaq, K. (2014). Audit Pricing in China and Pakistan; A Comparative Review of Audit Practices. Presented in International Conference on Economic Growth, organised by GC University Lahore, Pakistan.