Sales Manager (Freelancer) | Paris, France
Role: Sales Manager
Location: Paris, France
Job Type: Full-time
This high-profile role represents an unparalleled opportunity to make a significant and lasting impact in a high-growth business. Based in Paris, you will be accountable for leading and developing a team of Programme Consultants; you’ll bring strategic vision, focus and innovative thought to the complex challenges of increasing revenues and driving future growth in a competitive market.
As a Sales Manager, you will optimise the team’s productivity and conversion efficiency. Driving their performance, you’ll ensure sales are maximised to achieve ambitious growth targets while ensuring every team member develops the skills necessary to deliver and works to the highest quality standards.
You will be expected to develop collaborative relationships with senior figures in a range of other departments, to drive new initiatives and ensure you are continuously up to date with new products and market changes.
A driven, enthusiastic and motivational people leader, you should have proven experience managing a sales team, and experience of or capability to recruit sales professionals. A commercial and strategic thinker, you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to progress in a forward-thinking, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for helping design the specific commercial strategy, along with the successful communication and delivery of the strategy.
- Responsible and accountable for developing and executing business strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the strategic plans
- Formulation and implementation of interventions to deliver sustained performance in terms of new business opportunities.
- To guide and direct commercial activity across the brand to maximise the potential of the brands products and services, to support delivery against KPI’s and targets.
- Direct and in-direct management of commercial activity via the group and through business units.
- Manage internal sales team of Programme Consultants
- Understand optimum lead allocation methodology to maximise ROI (by programme area, country etc)
- Drive productivity improvements via call monitoring and analysis
- Improve or design new processes and systems to ensure quality and grow the reputation of our brand
- Through excellent leadership skills and personal qualities, identify areas of performance improvement and direct, coach and encourage action plans for development in order to maximise performance
- Train the team to deliver a professional and consistently excellent service
- Submit accurate sales documentation and reports
- Oversee events, student recruitment fairs, presentations and seminars where necessary in order to represent the partner and generate awareness of our business to potential students
- Become an expert in our products, developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure sales team are up to date with market changes and product information
- Lead by example
- Reach and exceed targets set by top management
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Attending key meetings with members of the sales team.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Spotting market opportunities for new customers.
- Attending monthly meetings with other senior members of the business.
- All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department.
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organisation at sales events and conferences.
- Networking with other directors in order to generate new business for the company.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
- Requires Travel to multiple sites and locations when required
Requirements for the role
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Highly analytical, capability to use data, analysis and insight to drive business performance
- Must be highly organized and have a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in people management
- Be able to demonstrate a strong track record of success in improving sales performance within a consumer service business
- Previous experience in telephone sales as well as face to face consultative sales role
- Previous experience successfully managing sales teams ideally from a similar industry.
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams.
- Proven experience developing and managing long term customer relationships
- Previous experience working in a culturally diverse environment within a global organisation
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the Group and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.